1.You’ve got an hour in between classes; yes you said you would use that hour to get some homework done. But come one, you know that’s not going to happen. Here is what’s really going to happen; you’re going to get to Stroz you’ll even get inside, then your stomach will grumble, the irresistible smell of overpriced pastries and holiday themed drinks will waft through the air. Starbucks will win; you will spend twelve dollars on a Venti (because you’re extra and you know it) Pumpkin Spice Latte and a banana bread loaf because the banana part makes it healthy right? After you shovel in the overpriced late breakfast your homework motivation levels will go from 100-0 real quick. You’ll stare out the windows onto Landis, but instead of embracing your laziness and walking out of Stroz to enjoy the beautiful fallish-weather you will plop down in a chair and spend the rest of your hour Facebook staling your ex-boyfriend. Don’t be that person, save those twelve dollars and come buy something cool and enjoy the beautiful fallish-weather with us over in the union. It will be a much better waste of an hour than Facebook stalking and Starbucks munching in Stroz.
2. There’s a ton of cool stuff at market Wednesday. Seriously, last week I found socks with gangster sloths on them, if that’s not cool to you then just stop reading this now.
3. All of the really cool things you see at Market Wednesday are either completely locally made, or supporting local business. I’ll bet you pair of gangster sloth socks you cant find the things you’ll find at the Market anywhere else. So avoid being basic, shop at Market Wednesday instead of just going to the mall.
4. Everything at Market Wednesday is pretty reasonably priced, all of the vendors are catering to college market (obviously) and they do a really good job at it. I recently bought a custom vintage jean jacket for 30$ complete with studs on the collar and all.
5. We bring out a bunch of new arrivals every week, so if you’re too lazy to come by the store to see all of the cute new things we got just stop by our table on the way to class (it’s the next best thing to online shopping).
6. FREE FOOD HELLO PEOPLE!! Market Wednesday is one of the best places to grab a few snack (or 3) on campus. Every week countless tables as well as people from the restaurants in the union walk around passing out free samples. Last week it was cookie brownies from Chilies and I did not even feel bad about going
back for more.
7. Market Wednesday is poppin okay, I don’t know if you can hear the music from your classes but its lit guys. Every week there’s a DJ spinning some crazy (literally they’re crazy like I don’t even know what’s going on half the time) tunes not to mention the step dancers breaking it down.
8.It’s a great chance to get more involved; aside from all the great local vendors there are tons of clubs and organizations out at the Market every week recruiting new people.
9. Sales my friend’s sales! On top of our store already being super reasonably priced we’re handing out 10% off coupons with every purchase made at Market Wednesday this week good for your next purchase *commence happy dancing*.
10. It’s a must to check off your list if things to do in Tally before you graduate, I mean are you even really a Nole if you’ve never been to Market Wednesday?
So there you have it people, ten solid reasons why you need to get your butts over to Market Wednesday. (And don’t forget to pick me up a coffee on your way over)
Until next time,
Hi everyone! My name is Megan Lopez and I am a Senior at Florida State University. I am majoring in Retail Merchandising and Product Development. I am an intern at Olde Fields and plan to come here and ramble about all the awesome things going on in our store and the surrounding Gaines street community! Stop by every week to see whats going on in the neighborhood!